Saturday, July 11, 2009

Harold Pressley's Basketball Camp


My friend Jack and I had the chance to go to a basketball camp this summer hosted by former Sacramento Kings player, Harold Pressley. He let me interview him for my blog, and here are the questions I asked him:

When did you first know that you were going to be an NBA basketball player?
I first knew in June 1986 when the Sacramento Kings drafted me.

Did you practice basketball every day?
I practiced every day, eight hours per day.

How many seasons did you play NBA basketball?

I played in the NBA for four years with the Kings, and I played for five years in Europe, mainly in Spain.

What advice would you give to kids who want to be NBA players?
Work as hard as you can and believe you can, and you will do anything.

I would really recommend this camp because it is really fun, and it builds your basketball skills. We worked on shooting, rebounding, passing and ball handling. We did a lot of drills and also played games. We worked really hard all week and had a lot of fun.

My favorite part of the week was when I won two hot shot contests. For the contest, there were three places you could shoot from -- the block was worth one point, the free throw line was worth 2 and the three-point line was worth three -- and you had to make as many shots as you could in a certain amount of time. In the first contest, I finished in two minutes with 33 points; in the second one, I shot 13 points in thirty seconds. I won a really cool water bottle that came with free soda refills for the rest of the day!

In addition to Harold coaching, there were two other coaches named Zach and Randy. All the coaches were nice and helpful. They had awesome basketball skills! And they could dunk, too.

I hope you liked my interview with Harold Pressley. Until next time, goooo Kings!

3 comments:

Katie T. said...

Zach,
How cool -- camp sounded like a great experience. Happy Birthday to you!!! Sorry we didn't get a hold of you today. We'll be calling you tomorrow! Miss you. Keep up the great work on the blog!

Love,
Auntie Katie T.

grammy said...

Hi Zach,
I am happy that you enjoyed the basketball camp so much. I am enjoying reading your blog and learning so much more about sports. My favorite sports are basketball and baseball.
Keep up the good work! Love, Grammy

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!