Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who the Kings Should Draft

If you're wondering why I haven't posted for a while, this past year in 4th grade was hard! I had endless reports, book reports, special projects -- all in addition to my regular school work -- that took up all of my free time. (Well, I played a lot of sports, too.) Anyway, now that it's summer, I'll be writing a lot more frequently, so check out my blog!

As you all know, the NBA draft takes place this Thursday. I'm going to be at Arco Arena watching it. In my opinion, the Kings should draft Dennis Clemente for their first pick in the draft. Dennis Clemente went to Kansas State and his basketball coach that he played for there is a very tough coach. He's tough on his players in a good way, working them to their full potential. He's not afraid to tell them what they're doing wrong. So, I think Dennis would come with a tough mindset and ready to play for the Kings.

I read an interview with Dennis after his workout with the Kings. He impressed me with his well spoken answers, especially with how in tune he is with the game. He's a guard who can play the 1 and the 2. I haven't seen him play all that much, just a few times this past season against my team, the Missouri Tigers, and he knows how to score, and if he can't score he knows what to do, just like Tyreke, Beno and Cisco.

He seems like a guy who's been trained to make clutch shots. There are a lot of players to choose from, but I think Dennis is a great and realistic choice.

I know this makes no sense in a basketball post, but since it's baseball season, Goooooo Cardinals!!!

No comments: