Monday, March 30, 2009

The Kings Dominated the Suns

I watched the Kings last night v. the Suns, and I saw a different team than what I usually see. The Kings came out with energy and attacked the inside. But best of all, Spencer and Jason did a good job guarding Shaq. They defended really hard and didn't let up at all.

Last night, seven players were in double figures. Jason was the leading scorer, with 21 points. Spencer had a good night too, with 20 points, tying his career high. 'Cisco and Andres Nocioni had 19 points a piece.

The Kings did well on rebounding, which is the key to getting baskets because if you get rebounds you get to set up your offense. JT had eight rebounds, and Spencer had a double double with 10 rebounds. Together that's 18 rebounds, and that's about half of the team rebounds!

The final score was 126 to 118. I knew the Kings would win from the end of the first quarter on because they came out in the first quarter and started scoring well and playing good defense. And they kept doing that throughout the game which led to a win.

My favorite play of the game was when Beno penetrated into the paint, did a behind-the-back pass to Spencer, and Spencer dunked it. This was my favorite play of the game because it looked really cool.

Now that we're done talking about last night's Kings game, I want to talk about Vlade Divac's jersey retirement. I think it will be a really special night, and it will get everybody very excited about Tuesday's game against the Hornets. I wish I could go, but I already got to go one jersey retirement this year, so I doubt another miracle will happen.

I'm also having a lot of fun following Jason Thompson, the Kings and Sac Bee reporter, Sam Amick, on Twitter. It's really cool getting to know what they're doing and getting the inside scoop on what's happening off the court. I would recommend it to all of my readers -- it's really fun to check and see what they're doing. For example, a few days ago JT ate at Subway, which is my favorite lunch place. That's what you do on Twitter -- you "tweet" and tell people about what you're doing.

I'll be watching the game tomorrow night against the Hornets and cheering for the Kings. Until next time, gooooo Kings!

No comments: