Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kings Media Day, Part 2




So this is part two of my first post, which had two interviews from Kings Media Day. Visit The Sacramento Bee's website to see a short and long video of my interviews with the Kings players and Coach Westphal.


Kevin Martin


Q: What did you do this summer?
A: I went to Hawaii with my fiance.


Q: I heard you play video games. What's your favorite?
A: I have PlayStation 3 and my favorite game is Madden NFL 10.


Q: Did you like hosting a kids basketball camp this past summer?
A: Yes.


Q: In high school, besides basketball, what other sports were you good at?
A: In high school, I only played basketball. Before that, I played football, baseball and basketball.


Q: What do you like most about the new guys?
A: Their work ethic. They're all working really hard.


Spencer Hawes


Q: What is it like being 7 feet tall?
A: It's inconvenient most of the time. But it helps me do what I do on the court.


Q: What do you like to do when the team is on the road.
A: I like to sight see in the cities we visit.


Q: Besides center, what is your favorite position?
A: Center is my favorite position.


Q: Who is the toughest player you play against in the NBA?
A: There are a lot of tough players, like Yao Ming, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and others. Yao is the toughest.


I was at the Kings Open Practice last night. They scrimmaged each other, and it was really fun. It was so interesting how they practiced. Everyone watching was so excited when they dunked! I got to see the new Kings players play, like Tyreke Evans, Jon Brockman, Sean May, Desmond Mason, Sergio Rodgriguez, Omri Casspi, Lenny Smith and Melvin Ely. Look for my upcoming posts for interviews with the new players and the rest of the team.


I think we'll have a great team this year! Gooooooo Kings!

No comments: