Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kings Still Improving

Last night, I was typing my saint report which is due Friday, so I missed the first quarter and part of the second quarter of the game vs. Phoenix. (My mom forced me to finish my report, and I was really annoyed by that since I wanted to watch the whole game!)

I got really into the game the second I turned it on because the Kings were down by a lot. I kept thinking, Let's break down Phoenix's lead by stopping them at one end and scoring on the other. And what I wanted came true. They cut down Phoenix's lead to 14 by the end of the half.

At half-time, I saw the funniest Kings commercial ever! I thought it was so funny that it should be on "America's Funniest Videos." Donte Greene, Jason Thompson and Jon Brockman dressed up as famous singers and sang a bunch of songs, pretending the songs were going to be on a CD collection. My favorite song was when the three of them sang "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black-eyed Peas. I was sort of wishing it wasn't a joke because I wanted to buy it!

In the second half, the Kings rallied and it was so exciting. They answered the Suns with a serious scorefest. I loved it when Omri Casspi hit big threes, and when Tyreke drove hard to the basket. Jon Brockman's skills were so good when he didn't let Amar'e Stoudemire score once in the third quarter. The game was so close in the 4th. I think the only reason the Suns won in the end was the late fouls that sent Steve Nash to the line. And, of course, he made all of his free throws.

The final heartbreaking score was 113-109. The Kings' record is now 14-20, and they're in 4th place in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference.

Even though the Kings lost and they're 14-20, they're still much improved from last year. The difference I think is they have more depth and versatility on their bench. Coach Westphal is rockin' it on the sidelines with all of his great plays and inspiring words to get his players back in the game. And then there's the rookie factor with Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi and Jon Brockman. Really, everyone on the team is playing well. The one thing we still have to learn is how to close out ball games.

Goooo Kings!

No comments: