Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Kings Report Card

Tuesday's newspaper had the Kings grades, and here is what I think of them. For the most part, I agree with Sam's grades, but I wanted to write my own thoughts too.


Tyreke Evans: paper grade A-, my grade A -- Tyreke's been really consistent with his scoring.

Kevin Martin: paper grade C+, my grade B -- Kevin's worked hard to get back to his old stroke, and he showed that last night in the game against Utah.

Jason Thompson: paper grade B-, my grade B -- He has given the Kings some quality scoring and rebounding, but he could improve.

Spencer Hawes: paper grade D+, my grade B -- He has been good on the three point shot, but he needs to drive to the basket and dunk it more.

Jon Brockman: paper grade B, my grade A- -- Jon fights for the rebounds and scoring, and he's been giving his full effort.

Omri Casspi: paper grade B+, my grade B+ -- Omri's been hitting some big threes and getting some nice inside shots, but he needs to be more physical inside.

Donte Greene: paper grade B-, my grade B -- Donte's been really physical inside and has been getting some easy shots, but he needs to work on his outside shot so he can hit it any time he wants.

Andres Nocioni: paper grade C, my grade B -- Lately, Andres has been hitting threes and driving, but he needs to figure out more tricks to fake out the defender.

Sergio Rodriguez: paper grade B-, my grade B -- Sergio has not hogged the ball a single bit and has had some great assists, but he needs to attack the basket and score for himself.

Kenny Thomas: paper grade B-, my grade B -- It's been great seeing Kenny on the court this year, and he's giving his full effort.

Ime Udoka: paper grade C+, my grade B -- Ime has seen quality minutes and has therefore shown what he can do. I like the way he plays.

Beno Udrih: paper grade B, my grade A- -- Beno has been scoring so consistently, passing and he's made me really happy to see him playing so well this year.

Hilton Armstrong: paper grade I, my grade I -- I don't enough about his playing to comment.

Sean May: paper grade I, my grade B+ -- I saw a half-time interview with Sean, and he said that he prepares himself for every game for when Coach calls on him. I see that as a sign that he's a real pro. This has shown in the last couple of games he's played in and done well.

Francsico Garcia: paper grade I, my grade B+ -- Even though he hasn't played due to his injury, I've seen him on the sidelines at every game, helping his team with advice and support. He's been especially helpful to Omri, which is really cool.


Wednesday night's win against Golden State shows that the Kings bench and starters are improving. I'd like to see the Kings get some more defensive stops and more scoring on the other end. Then we can see some more Ws.

Can't wait to see my Kings take on the Bobcats tonight. Gooooo Kings!

No comments: