Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally...Third Grade Basketball!

Yesterday was the season opener for my school basketball team, and we won by a lot. The final score was 46 to 16. I started as a point guard, and in the first quarter I managed 4 steals, 3 assists and 2 points. By the end of the game, I had 8 points, 7 steals and 5 assists. It was fun, until I cramped up at the end of the game and couldn't play the last five minutes.

My teammates played fantastic! They hit a lot of outside shots and good lay-ups, and we had at least 30 rebounds. Chase had a lot of fast-break points, a few assists and he did some great passing. Troy played really well, too; he had 5 assists and passed really well. Logan had a great rebounding game, with at least 5 offensive rebounds and probably 10 defensive rebounds. Jack F. did an amazing job with assists, and hit two key shots at both the beginning and end of the game. Lenny hit a lot of far shots and had 3 steals and a pair of assists. We are now 1-0, with another 11 games to go.

Tonight, I can't wait to get to ARCO to see the Kings take on the Dallas Mavs. If you're headed to ARCO, check out my mom's blog (www.sacfoodies.com) for some good eats at Kings games.

Now, I'm headed downstairs to watch what's probably the best football game that TV has to offer today: the New York Giants v. the Philadelphia Eagles. Just in case you're wondering, I'm rooting for the Eagles.

Until next time, goooooo Kings!

5 comments:

AC II said...

Good luck on your basketball season! I hope to see a game when I'm in Sacto! Congrats to your team on the win! :-)

Joe said...

Zach,

This is your cousin Joe Yezbak. It is great to see your love of the game in your blog. Keep up the hard work and good things will happen.

Just remember one thing it is all about the Steelers!

steelfran said...

Zachary- This is your Aunt Fran. Listen to your cousin Joe--it IS all about the Steelers! Did you watch the game yesterday? Blowout (sorry Thomas and Uncle Nick).

Give me your basketball schedule...I would love to come and see you play. You practice so much --you must be a great player.

Monica Crumley said...

Great job! Your mom gave me your blog address. Congrats on a great game, too! Mrs. Crumley

you can see our blog sometime www.monicacrumley.blogspot.com

Katie T. said...

Zach, eight points -- great start to the season! Keep up the good work. Uncle Marc had fun playing b-ball with you in Folsom!!!
-Aunt Katie T.